SGA Holds Weekly Meeting, Passes Bill and Gives Reminders

Taylor Simmons

The graphic design contest will close on April 21 and will allow one student to display their informational design about keeping the Emory & Henry ducks safe near the pond.

During the biweekly Student Government Association (SGA) meeting on Wednesday, Apr. 7, a bill regarding funds for the geography honors society was passed and reminders were given about a current campus contest.

The bill was presented by Senator Isabella McCall to allocate funds to Gamma Theta Upsilon, the geography honors society, for an induction dinner. The senate passed this bill with no opposition.

Senator Sandra Coffee provided a reminder of the duck pond graphic design contest, which will end on Apr. 21. The SGA Housing and Grounds committee is holding the contest for students to create and upload an informational sign on behalf of the E&H ducks. The official requirements for this contest can be found in an email sent by Dean Ryan Bowyer on Apr. 7.

One student’s design will be selected to display near the pond, and that student will also receive a $25 gift certificate to the Merc.

The SGA is also releasing posts on its Instagram page, @ehc_sga, that introduce the members of SGA to the student body. The SGA encourages the campus community to get to know the current and future members of the organization there.