Like many other college students, I can usually find myself awake in the middle of the night, if it be for studying, writing an essay, or simply just binge-watching Netflix. During these late hours, I always crave a snack, but there are no places open on campus for us night owls to go, so we have to make do with what we have in our dorms. However, that does not mean that we have to settle for ramen noodles and microwave popcorn. For any others with a sweet tooth, here is an easy, microwavable brownie recipe that will surely satisfy your midnight cravings!
· 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
· 3 tablespoons flavorless oil (examples: canola oil/coconut oil/sunflower oil)
· 3 tablespoons water
· Pinch of salt
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 teaspoons chocolate chips
· Optional: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
· Mix together all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a microwavable mug.
· After mixing ingredients, add chocolate chips to batter.
· Microwave for one minute.
· Allow five minutes for brownie to cool.
· Optional: top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (Or both!)