SGA Election Results

The Emory & Henry SGA announced the 2020-2021 student senate election results Sunday evening. This year, 25% of students casted a vote in the student senate elections. In previous years, about 33% of the student body participated in voting.

This year’s election was conducted by single transferable vote to achieve proportional representation. Joseph Johnson, election commissioner for the SGA, feels that this method was successful. “[PRSTV] produced the fairest possible result for our student senate and our student body as a whole,” Johnson said.

The winning nominees for commuter senators are Issabella McCall, William Denton, Emily Blevins and Jessica Branks.

The first-year senators elected are Katherine Raynor, Sandra Coffee, Carlee Sullins and Jackson Arnold.

The candidates chosen for sophomore senators are McKenzie Joyce, Jett McReynolds, Justin Falin and Blaze Hughes.

The nominees elected for junior senators are Braxton Justice, Clare Carter, Desirhea Morton and MacKenzie Henningsen.

The candidates voted in for senior senators are Markell Moss, Rachel Hatcher, Trent Allen and Orlando Martinez.

SGA President David Eldridge is excited for the upcoming year with the senators that have been elected to serve the student body. “This semester has put all of us in unique situations, and it is promising to see the amount of people wanting to advocate for the E&H student experience (whether remote or in-person), represent their class, and involve themselves in SGA,” Eldridge said.