Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plans Grand Fall Season

Emmett Donavan

The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plans to host a haunted house in its new location behind the Merc, put on by the student ambassadors as part of a robust fall events itinerary.

Guest Contributor: Emmett Donavan
For anyone interested in falling into the spooky season at Emory & Henry College, the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and the Multicultural Student Alliance (MSA), led by organization president Amari Jones, have a robust schedule of autumnal events in the works.
To start, the Interfaith Student Union hosts E&H ghost tours on campus every Friday, Saturday and Sunday throughout October. Tours begin at the Memorial Chapel at 7 p.m., 9 p.m., and 12 a.m. Masks will be required at all indoor locations, per the campus-wide mask mandate.
Additionally, the LGBT+ Student Union intends to hold a pride parade on campus near the end of October in celebration of LGBT+ History Month. This event will also act as a fill-in for Tri-Pride, which has been cancelled this year due to COVID-19 resurgence in the area.
The Latine Student Union (LSU) and the Office of DEI have also planned a list of events for this October to celebrate Hispanic/Latine Heritage Month. Events such as a LSU movie night on Oct. 1 and a Día De Los Muertos event on Oct. 26 are currently planned.
To round out these events, the Office of DEI is hosting a fall festival and block party at 4 p.m. on Oct. 22, as well as a haunted house the same day at 10 p.m. within the DEI building.
“Given our events are welcome to the entire campus, we would love it if people would come out,” Jones said.
Vice President for DEI John Holloway explained that these events and activities are important for building engagement on campus with different identities and cultures.
“Students who are interested in working to build coalitions, to work within communities, and to strengthen inclusion on our campus should stop by the DEI house or email us at [email protected],” said Holloway. The new DEI house is located behind the E&H Mercantile.
For a full list of events as well as any updates, students can check their emails for updates Holloway or the E&H News account.